1) How did you come up with your WIP’s title?
The way I came up with my title is kind of funny. I was outlining my book, and I had just put for the title TBA. As I was outlining I was singing a well know tune that is taught in the schools, and BAM I got the title.
2) What motivates you to write?
Music! I must have my music when I am writing. It blocks out the background sound, and the lyrics inspire certain scenes.
3) Do you find yourself putting past experiences in your book? Give an example!
Yes. One of my past experiences writing the scenes underneath where I have the bullet point in my outline. It makes it so easy to write the scene because all I have to do is read the sentence on top.
4) What is your main character’s biggest obstacle?
Learning that you have to do what you think is right for you.
5) What is your crutch word that you always have to go back and delete because you use it too many times?
Walking. Seriously, do they have to walk all the time? Why can't they sit together at a nice little coffee shop.
6) Who is your author role model and why?
J.K. Rowling. I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when I was seven years old. I never liked reading when I was six, but I saw Harry Potter and the book showed me the magic a book can bring to someone, literally. Everytime I reread her books it gives me the inspiration to be a better writer.
7) What happens in your favorite scene from your WIP?
Sneaking around along with the secrets, and desires. Seriously I don't want to reveal, but let me tell you it's a jaw dropper.
8) Please share a favorite line from your manuscript!
She turned to face him leaving their faces less than an inch. "I never meant to mislead you," she said.
9) Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?
Yes, I have done NaNoWriMo the past three years, and don't plan on skipping a year. It's one of my favorite times of the year.
10) What advice do you have for other authors
When you're writing that first draft DON'T LOOK BACK. Seriously if you constantly go back to edit you will never finish your story. You will spend so much time editing and the story won't get written.
Next I will tag
My list of 10 questions
- Where does your story take place?
- What genre is your story?
- What POV is your story told? First person, or third?
- What 5 songs would best describe your WIP?
- Are you a plotter or panster? Why?
- What's your favorite scene in your WIP?
- Do you find a newly discovered technique helps you with your WIP?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- Which actors would you pick if your book was optioned for film?
- What advice to you have for writers?