"I'll tell you something about true love. There is no science to it. It's as natural as the sky" -Lauren DeStefano, Wither
1. Open a new Word document.
2. Save it as tentative book title.
3. Wonder if any other books have this title
4. Check Twitter.
5. Google tentative book title.
6. Feel relieved that you’re somewhat original…
7. Type the title and “Chapter One” in Word document.
8. Check e-mail.
9. Check Facebook.
10. Stare at blinking cursor in Word document.
11. Check latest favorite blogs & tumblrs.
12. Type first sentence.
13. Click “save.”
14. Feel accomplished.
15. Feel thirsty.
16. Refill water glass.
17. Check Twitter.
18. Click on five different-yet-equally-inane HuffPo links.
19. Stare at blinking cursor after first sentence.
20. Realize that, though this is the third novel you’ve written, you’ve completely forgotten the principles on how to successfully start a novel.
21. Write blog post about it.
22. Type second sentence?